Agri-business technologies dominate market-driven food production, despite their intensive degradation of life-essential processes in nature.
TRAIL #1 Why the Food System Must be Changed ... a guide to the more obvious consequences of industrial food production.
TRAIL #2: How the Food System Must be Changed is an overview of a sustainable alternative.
... still under construction - inputs welcome
These TRAILS tie together related content from our listings, with some controversial materials to widen the picture.
Humanity needs to solve itself, or rather recuperate from life-destructive inducements. That could happen if enough determined people grasp the central issues. Here we capture the essence of that revival by combining the best videos we could find into topics.
Sustainability is best understood, if not yet widely practised, in terms of gardening and the environment. The biggest challenge for humanity is to expand that same sensibility into the social and economic spheres. Solving the larger environmental issues like global warming will eventually depend upon it.
However, before the extant political system is able to process that challenge a deeper grasp of our real situation needs to become more publicly acknowledged.
In other words it's up to us, the grassroots, to get on with it ...
- If a particular topic interests you enough to want to expand it further, we'd like to hear about that.
In principle the solution is singular and fairly straight forward. Once a sufficient number of agrarian-founded communities have adapted to the principles of sustainability in their agricultural, social and economic systems a Hundredth Monkey1 phase will be triggered.
THE SIX SIDES OF SUSTAINABLE LIVING
. . . are mutually self-optimising
- sustainability principles: mirrored in all natural systems
- food & health: organic, local, ripe, fresh, secure
- land stewardship: ownership, productivity, soil & water
- community: economic & social integration, education
- self-discipline: social & personal integrity, vocational
- spiritual purpose: meditation & prayer, yoga, study ...